Wednesday, October 21, 2009

AHA Moments!

As I was sitting down last night to thumb through the new Pottery Barn Catalog, I opened up to a lovely room filled with red and white and a variety of checkered bedding, and floral covered cushions etc. It inspired me. I ran to the craft room and opened up my really red pad and began wasting lots of grid paper from Papertreyink that I JUST bought... : (

I grabbed a striped stamp I bought from SU and after I got it and tried to use it, found it to be kind of ugly. I have several stamps sets that seemed like such a good idea when I saw them and the cute card or project that was made with them, but when I try to implement a project using them....ug! Serious UG.... LY!

so I grabbed this striped background out of frustration, and stamped my stripes, then rotated it and stamped again without re-inking. The photo doesn't show it all that well, but you get the idea, it really looks good in person, I promise! I felt like I just put some lipstick on my pig ha ha ha!

I only used Really Red ink, Really Red Marker, white craft and red and white paper. I tried super hard to only use Stampin UP stuff, but broke down on the ornaments and the sentiment, I used Papertreyink!




So the ornament..... I used a Spellbinder nestability to create these. How cool is that. I am sure somebody has already figured this out, I figured it out purely by accident : ) but what a great accident!

I essentially cut out the die on my bigshot. Remove the die and re-position it to narrow the frame and create the ornament. You can make it as narrow or fat as you like, and then line up your points/curves and re-cut it. What you get is a great little ornament that you can decorate any way you want it. How cool is that!







After digging through my PTI sets I found the squiggles and starburst pattern. I made the plaid with the marker and two way glue to add the glitter. I just put some pearls and rhinestones on the ornaments and I really like how they turned out!

The layout is part of the Splitcoast Sketch Challenge SC251 today!


Anyway.... have a great day! I sure will!

No comments: