Saturday, April 5, 2008

I'm BACK


Yeah,


That's it, I am back! I love cards, and I have missed it. Last year, not so great, this year...magic. So I have been playing on Splitcoaststampers challenges this week, and this is what I have come up with. So fun.
This was from the limited supplies challenge, use only white and one color. It's actually easier than it sounds. I got this idea off of March Pottery Barn Catalog. It's gawgeous! A yellow quilt with this leaf image, and a beautiful yellow linen pillow with a simple flap and a wood button. It is so refreshing! In this time of snow and muck and cold, I find it uplifting.
I used a blender pen dipped in the stamp pad to make stitch marks, but I would have preferred a marker. It works though, so no complaints. I popped the button up with a dimensional, and then roughed the edges to make it look fabric. I added the silver hodge podge detail in the middle, don't you just love that stuff?
I used a crease from my bone folder to make it look like a seam on the yellow cardstock, and then went back through the crease with a blender pen to add stitching detail. Enjoy!

No comments: