Monday, December 3, 2007

Been a month YIKES!


Yes it has been nearly a month since I posted anything... what a drag! But today is a new day and I have lots to post. Here is a Christmas card I am working on for mass mailing. It's a bit detailed, and as usual I am over ambitious, so need to scale it back. I did have fun making it, and playing around with some of the embossing stuff to get some texture.


This card was inspired by AKJUDA at Splitcoaststampers! Here is her nice card:




I really love these classic colors for Christmas....of course Certainly Celery is included....obviously! I got the swirl thing from a junk email I received over the weekend, I think it just adds something fun to the card.
I started by stamping my image on white cardstock from Papertreyink, then coloring it in with markers and blender pens. Blender pens are great if you aren't wanting lots of hardcore color in one blop! I used my 2 way glue to adhere the white embossing to it, and that made the stuff crackle and thick. I then went back in after heatsetting it and used a thick clear embossing powder to add some dimension to the snowman, and although it didn't work out like I wanted to, it did adhere to the white embossing powder, and melted together, giving the little cap some streaks and gloss. I did the same on the scarf.
The background was stamped by placing all 3 snowflake stamps on an acrylic stamp pad, and stamping the background by dipping in the celery ink, then the versamark. I have an extra pad just for this purpose because it tends to leave the ink on the pad. I embossed it in thick embossing powder to give some "wetness" to the snowflakes. I went back in with the Merry and Bright snowflake background stamp, and lightly stamped the background, you know stamp on stamp off, then on your paper!
The red scallop tag was stamped in Papertreyink Borders and Corners Circle loopy stamp in white, then dazzling diamonds added. After I mounted the snowman to the scallop circle, I went back with the stitched circle from Papertreyink to add some more texture. You could make it easier on yourself by putting that detail on before you punched it out... but hey I don't think that far ahead sometimes.
Wrapped it in celery ribbon, and then attached the circle with some of that new stretchy silver cord from SU. Have fun making your own card! I sure did.


No comments: