Saturday, September 8, 2007

Road Kill



I feel like roadkill! SEriously! I have been so out of it for the last several weeks, seems like I just can't get it together. Got sick, and that has just about wiped me out for 2 weeks now. So I never uploaded a photo that I promised details for, and after reading my description on SCS about it, people must be so confused, not that anyone is even looking at my site, but jeez, I could at least get it updated.

So here is the card that I did last. I really like the look of Vellum over a card, but have a hard time using it for some reason. I was working on a sketch challenge from Genie 1314 and cut a scallop circle out of the wasabi cardstock. You can't see it because I covered that cut with the black cardstock. I then placed a piece of the floral cardstock behind that cutout, and then glued the black background to the front of the card, that way it covered the circle cutout on the interior, and the floral cardstock circle I had glued to it. Make sense? I embossed the wasabi scalloped circle with the cuttlebug template I just got, and then dry embossed a piece of vellum using the metal bodacious bouquet template that I had. I had the green brad leftover and thought it would add such a nice touch. I also used eyelets in the corner to finish it off. I don't really like the placement of my words on the vellum, but hey, I guess you can't have everything. So here is the interior of the card

It does look like I just glued a piece of the patterned paper to the inside, but I didn't really, it was cut first with the scallop punch on the green cardstock, then the DP placed behind it. I love how that little bird is just hanging out. So there it is, my only card AND post in weeks. I need to get to the creative cave and get busy. I have all my new stamps from Papertreyink to play with and the new release is next week. I also think my Nestabilities have been shipped, so I cannot wait to play with those!

No comments: