Monday, September 10, 2007

Farewell Beautiful Friend


This card was for a personal friend who passed away last week. He started the company I work for .... J.T. Posey Company truely from the back of his car. A wonderful character and a very warm spirited man. I am proud to work for his company, and have gotten to know him. In this day and age, it's hard to find a company that is still family owned and operated. His son Ernie is alot like his dad, and has done so much to not only grow the business, but maintain the quality and integrity his Dad built.

It is a little feminine, but as I mentioned, the company logo is a Posey flower, and I just thought it fit. The company colors are also green, and adding just a little of that back in really seemed to work. I used the Nestabilities I just got a few hours ago from Papertreyink.com and really had a good time playing with them. It did take a few minutes to figure out the "sandwich" you have to build. In case you haven't seen it on Nichole Heady's blog here it is...


Cutting Sandwich for a Cuttlebug... because that's what I used:


plate A

plate C

die with the ridged side facing up

paper/cardstock

plate B



Embossing Sandwich:


plate A

plate B

die with ridged side up

beige mat from Spellbinders

3 pieces of cardstock

plate B


I really like these things, and I think I will find alot of versatility in using them. I embossed the so saffron layer, and you can barely see the edge of it, kind of looks like I embossed a circle there. I also embossed the olive piece. Once you cut it, you just remove the excess, change your sandwich around and emboss it. It really is that easy....
I used the Linen background stamp from SU on the river rock, and then stamped my flower image. I love those little velvet flowers from Maya Road, purchased from Papertreyink.... they have everything! The sentiment is also from the new release from Papertrey... beautiful flowers or at least I think that's what it's called. The pearl finished off the flower, and I bought them from target... KC and company. Tres Chic was stamped in the background, and I just love how several of the words really fit this card and what I was trying to convey. Hope Ernie and his family like it!


No comments: