Monday, August 13, 2007

New SU goodies!


Okay, so I waited extremely long to order from the new SU catty, and that's sad : (

Honestly, I have found so many other distractions to purchase that I now need to catch up to SU! I just love these new sets! So the goal was to try and I say TRY loosely, to create my own patterned paper. If you have not seen Nichole Heady's ideas for this, you are missing out, the lady is pure genious. She makes it look sooooo easy! I'm not gonna lie, it took me ALL DAY, okay at least Half a Day to make this one piece of background paper...YIKES!

Anyhoo, I started out by stamping the swirls in a square pattern, then filled in the open squares with the butterflies. I used the little flower stamp in cool caribbean to fill in the swirls, and used the round stamp with the flower in chocolate chip to go over where the swirls intersected. Since it still looked to bare, I used versamark to stamp the larger flower image in the background. Of course to make my card, I only used about an 1 3/4 of the paper, so you don't really see this so well. My Bad!

I had attempted a different card using this lovely tulip image from Anna Griffin Designs, don't you just love how BEEEautiful it is? Now if I could only learn to color. I just had to use it on this card. I stamped my Tres Chic onto the Not quite navy paper, and then stitched,... yes stitched! It took me awhile to do that since I have never done real stitching on my cards, and had to fiddle with the tension ( note to self, a new pointy needle and tension at .5 seemed to do the trick). So I glued the pieces down, and then stitched the card. I stamped the SO KIND sentiment by stamping on and then off and then ON again! heh heh! I sound like such a pro..... NOT!

I used a "pig punch" for the placement of the ribbon. For those of you who don't know what a PIG PUNCH is.... it is the double rectangle punch! My friend Lori calls it that and I thought it sounded more fun than the "double slot/rectangle punch"! BAM! Just kickin it up a notch!

The ribbon is from the new Martha Stewart line. I have been trying to use this since I bought it a month ago. Not sure why I waited so long? Guess the pressure from "MaKe iT SPARKLE Missy" Martha Stewart made me really think about it! It really was a fun card to make, and not really all that hard. Now..... back to the creative Cave to do my next card..... and I do mean CAVE! My only good light source burned out and I am in the basement by the light of a window well and one overhead bulb.......someone bust out the violins!

No comments: