Monday, August 13, 2007

D-tales D-tales!


Okay, so I just uploaded 2 cards over at SCS and put a link to my new blogspot..... guess I didn't really think that through so well. Oh well live and learn. Now I can play catch up so everyone can get the D-tales... hee hee!

So I am doing a Papertreyink Swap, and here is my idea, although I hope I planned enough time to get these done...egad!

I used a curved ruler to mark the edge of my card about 1 1/2 inches from the fold on the underside, then I used my scallop scissors to cut the edge. It really helps to draw a line first, makes cutting a breeze! Then I cut out a Large scallop circle, and stamped the scallops with another little design from the Borders and Corners set, unfortunately I cannot tell you exactly which set it came from.... I have mixed and matched all the little pieces so much they are all MIXED UP! ooops!

I stamped the dotted circle over the scalloped DP circle, cut out a smaller scallop circle, and added my cake. Once I colored it in with blender pens, my favorite thing to use as opposed to a marker! You can get more control in the shading and colors. I popped the smaller scalloped circle up, and then added a sentiment also popped up. HOpe it fits the envelope ; )

I finished off the edges using the Faux Ribbon set in Pumpkin just to trim things out, and then filled in my scalloped fold with another little doo-dad from Borders and Corners. Tied a big fat bow on it and called it Bright.... and done!

No comments: