Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Head Pain!

Today is a muffled day! I have a terrible head cold, and have no energy. I have so many things to do today, but can't seem to get motivated. Guess I'll go up and craft something...yeah, that's it! That's the ticket!

In the meantime, I have been spending alot of time over at Splitcoast participating in all of the weekly challenges. Here is a card I made last Sunday for the Featured Stamper Challenge



This was such a fun card to make! I started by stamping my image (which I love by the way) onto white cardstock, and then embossing it with clear embossing powder. I then used and Inkssential blender tool, and blended in Distress Ink Fired Brick. It just makes the image POP and I love that color! After I cut it to the size I needed, I took the leftover scrap that had no color applied, and used that as part of the background. I used Tim Holtz's technique to dab distress inks on my stamp, misted it, and then stamped. I love that you can get a watercolor look with just a spritz of water. The colors just blended so nicely. I then used an aquapainter dabbed in some Distress Ink, and then just kept pulling the brush apart to make it spatter. Subtle, but so fun. Crazy Card was the inspiration, and I just essentially used her layout to create this card.

Now I am off to play!

PS.. Most of the supplies I am referring to, I have recently purchased at Rubbernecker Stamps. They have alot of the Ranger products, and the Inkssentials all in one place, and if you look closely at their website, they have some fantastic sales going on right now... Nestabilities etc. On Tuesday's they have a treasure hunt, and usually have a stamp for free if you make a purchase....How Cool is That!

No comments: